Thursday, October 14, 2010

Oct 14: Swim@50m pool, 6:10-7:10pm

Target: 500m x 2

Apart from coughing my health condition is so-so. My knee is still the same, especially when I'm going up the stairs.

The pool was relatively empty, even when I swam in the slow lane if I leave some space then I have about 300m to myself. The middle speed lane is pretty fast for me, I have to try really hard to catch up with others. If I try hard, after 100m my arms and breathing becomes difficult. I suppose I need to improve my breathing technique. This time I tried with fast pitch without putting too much effort. Then around 200m my shoulder's tiredness increases. I got a little stuck at 300m point and slowed down because of that but I swam up to 500m.

Took about 5 minute rest and the second round, I didn't see any improvement after 300m so I stopped there.

I waited for a little so it might get more empty, but again got stuck at 300m point, so moved to the next lane, swam 100m, then the pool rest started.

I haven't focused too much on the form but more on the breathing this time, however  no new development was found. After the break, I swam slowly but firmly, which finished after 500m. I think I use more muscle when it's slower, so it's pretty smooth on the first 300m, but after that, my energy is gone.

Result: 500m 300m 300m 100m 500m
Total: 1.6km

No comments:

Post a Comment