Monday, October 11, 2010

Oct 11: Cycle@9:34-11:50am

Target: 60km

Last time I made a mistake in the course so this time, I fixed it and extended the total distance. It's beautiful outside, and the wind from north west is strong. Hence one the way it was pretty smooth, with 40km/h. Surroundings were nice with lots of greens and I ended up cycling for 35km one way. On the other hand, the way back was hard since it was against the wind, and I find it difficult to even maintain 20km/h. I've noticed that if I cycle behind fast bikers, it's easier to cycle. I didn't sweat much on the way, however return journey was hard with my sweat getting into my eyes and hurting, with the wind I couldn't open my eyes. The sun screen I put on my face came down with my sweat in to my eyes, I suppose. When it became worse, I could only open my eyes once in 2 seconds. Even worse, sometimes I couldn't even open them. So I had to stop several times until my eyes opened, ended up taking 7 breaks and managed to get home. Next time, I guess I'll need to wear goggles.

From the pulse measurement, I had less than 120 for an hour meant that I probably stopped for about an hour in total. I guess I pushed myself too hard in the strong wind, and had to spend all afternoon caring about my body.

Result: 70km, Max: 57.5km/h, Ave: 25km/h
Pulse: Best: 159, Ave: 125

In zone(120-147):2:00 Above 0:07 Below: 1:11

No comments:

Post a Comment