Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Aug 31: Swim@50m pool, 6:15-7:15pm

Target: 300m x 4 laps

Even with my knee pain I thought it wouldn't hurt me to do swimming, but when I kick the water with my left foot, the pain comes back. Hence naturally, I use more of my left foot, and use less of my right. There's no other problems to swim. The pool is pretty empty today and it's easier to swim. The courses are split into slow, mid, fast paced lanes. I can swim in mid pace up to 200 meters, but after that, I move to slow paced lane.  The issue here is that my front crawl is slow so people end up catching up with me who are behind me. Today wasn't too bad since it was pretty empty, I'd start swimming leaving about 40 meters from the person in front.

Started to swim slowly for about 300m, took 5 min rest, 300m, 7 min rest, and then 300m. It was pretty smooth but the pool was going for a rest time so had to end after 200m. After the rest, I swam 300m, 200m and finish.

Result: 300m, 300m, 300m, 200m, 300m, 200m, with 10min breaks, in an hour I swam 1.6km.
I guess I can say I've achieved my target. My next month's target is 400m x 3. I'm going to focus on swimming hoping that my knee will recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment