Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Aug 31: My knee pain

I stopped and took some rest from last night's running due to a small pain in my knees, but today more pain is there and I'm having trouble walking especially in the stairs.

From now on, I'll focus on swimming and will see a doctor in the weekend and find out my new plans. I'll also check if cycling influences on knees or not, and if it does I'll stop but if it doesn't, I'll train my legs by cycling the mountain course.

It's such a shame but I feel like the triathlon has gone a little further. I still can't completely give up. If there's even a small chance, I want to take this challenge.

To reflect, it's not good to suddenly start the exercise. I should have a light exercise or preparation so that the body gets warm and then slightly increase the workload.

My pain log:
1. July 25th: Around 2km point during the running in the park forest course, I felt a small pain in my knees. The ground is soil but it's not flat so it gives some pressure to the knees. When I ran with a full speed, it happened. Afterwards, I didn't feel any pain. Since I've ran 3 times already, I thought it was ok - and that was wrong.

2.  Aug 25th: After work, I used to run from the local bus stop to home (300m) - to prepare my legs. On this day, it was after the business trip and I ran in a full speed with a heavy bag. When I was running it was ok, but the next morning, with knee pain I couldn't bend them. At that time, I forgot about running from the bus stop, and couldn't tell what the reason was but I guess I know now. The pain went away in around 2 days.

3. Aug 30th: The knee pain was still lightly there but since I was so looking forward to running with my nephew, and I wanted to know any changes in my fitness so I decided to run. I tried not to give any pressure on my knees by running in small steps but felt some pain at some stage so decided to stop.

4. It's painful whenever I move my knees from the morning. Even when I walk I cover the pain and stairs are very difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment