Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sept 18: Cycle@7:05-9:13am, 24℃ - 27℃

Target: 50km in 2 hours

Today, I'm going to have a challenge of 50km cycling to add stamina. I could think of different courses, but picked the one with less signals, almost on the soil that's very comfortable to cycle.

At first, I aimed for 33km/h speed, but with signals and cars the average speed ended dropping. There seem to be other bikers using the same course so it was fun feeling like they were my company. Especially by the river, the scenery is nice and it feels good. It's also enjoyable to cycle watching baseball field, golf course and dart course. After I cycled for 25km, I drank some water, cooled myself down and returned.

It's a so so pace. I forgot to get off at the bridge I was supposed to and took quite a lot of time to get back. The yellow line in the map below is the mistake I've made.

The course by the bank ended up going against the wind and it was tough which I only made it aroun 28-29km/h. The pulse was 144 which is pretty high. Around 45km spot when my front thigh's muscle started screaming, I dropped my speed down to 25km/h. I tried to cycle mainly using my right foot. (This is maybe because I was mainly using left foot since my right knee was hurting although it did disappear after 15 minutes).

At first it was cool and comfortable, but it became much hotter and my sweat filled the helmet's water absorption part, like last time my sweat dropped into my eyes and it was uncomfortable. I couldn't move my legs and my bum started to hurt, too. If I float my bum then there's more pressure on my legs and it was just a disaster. It was such a shame I had to make this mistake and had to cycle for extra 5km in this situation.

Although I managed to cycle 50km point and calculated my time and pulse. I tried to cycle the last 5km for cool down, but there's three vicious uphill in between. In the end I pushed myself and cycled uphill in one go, so when I arrived home I absolutely had no energy left, and even had hard time walking. Afterwards, I've massaged carefully. I do hope there won't be muscle aches tomorrow...

Result:                Time,           Speed,                Puse
First half: 25km: 52'52'', AVD: 28km/h, Avg: 130, End 115
Latter half: 25km: 62'03'', AVG: 24km/h, Avg: 131, End 119

Pulse Range set: 125-137, Within the set: 58min, Over the set: 33min, Below the set: 36min
Overall: 55.2km, in 2 hours 6 minutes, average speed: 26.km/h


No comments:

Post a Comment