Thursday, January 13, 2011

Jan 13: Swim - 50m pool, 4:15-4:50pm

Today feels like the coldest in this winter, and I'd like to warm my cold fingers and toes before getting into the pool. The shower before getting into pool feels warm enough but it's cold afterward during warm up so dashed with that and swam desperately for 300m to warm my body. After 300m, I was already catching my breath so took a break.

There's a less slow lane today (usually there are 3 slow lanes) due to someone booking the other lane so it feels busier and after 200m, I ended up catching up with this breastroke person. Although today is cold so the pool itself is empty. When it's busy, there are about 15 people in a single lane, but today is about 7 people.

At one point, I ended up meeting with a westerner and after exchanging some greetings, I found out that he is an Italian who is heading back to Rome tomorrow. Then we swam separately but when I was changing clothes after shower, he came in so we chatted and it turns out that he is a pilot (first officer) with Alitalia airline who used to be in a military. After I mentioned that I fly every year in Europe we kind of hooked up so ended up chatting until Shinjuku where his hotel was located. It seems like Alitalia is having time with their business.
Result: 300m, 200m, 200m, 300m, 200m, Total: 1.2km

I should conduct further training to reach this month's goal which is to swim 500m without a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment