Monday, January 10, 2011

Jan 10: Cycle - 6.3km Hill course, 2:52-3:08pm, 4℃

I aimed for a warm temperature time, which is this afternoon, but it was 4 degrees with the north wind, so it felt like 0 degree. I use cycling gloves so the fingers are cold and after 16 minutes they lost their senses. At first the wind was facing me so it was tough and my feet is getting colder.
Starting point. The opposite wind is very strong. First part is flat and mild right curve.(map 1)
















Since the wind is so strong, I couldn't speed up much. And I had to stop at the signal.
First up hill, around mid-point.(map 12-13)

When I checked the pulse, it was 202. I think the sensor is not working properly due to the dry weather.

After going through the long up hill, turning left as this part (map 14).
















At this point my legs are dead and the pulse is at peak. However, when I turn left, there'll be a light curve and downhill, which is very nice.

The last steep downhill is the place I usually record the fastest speed (map 52).
















The downhill is steep but also it's a big curve so it's hard to see long way ahead and I can't speed too much.

I've purchased GPS Recorder for cycling, with the attached software I'm able to find out distance and altitude by adding the course.

There's a slight difference in data from measuring with Pressure Altitude Measurement, but with this information, the altitude difference is around 90m.

The recording somehow got shut down in the middle so I won't be able to fix this, but will check it next time. It may well be due to the low temperature, it was impossible to measure this.

Result: It took 15'57'', the fastest speed was 59.2km/h. This is due to the strong wind and stopping at the signals.

The pulse had some margin of errors, so I'm not recording it this time. After a while I started sweating and it worked so next time, I'm going to wet the contact point and use it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment