Thursday, July 14, 2011

June 30 - July 14: Swim - 50m pool

I have not written blogs for a while, but I have been exercising using the indoor roller cycling.

I swam on June 30th, July 5th, 7th and 14th at the 50m pool, but I was not feeling well so it wasn't frequent. It has been very hot here so didn't sleep well and might had a heat stroke during midnight. At the pool yesterday, I swam 500m then my arms got tired so I took a break and swam 500m again. I felt my swim form is rough and putting too much effort so moved to 25m pool and counted how many strokes I used. It was 17, which is high. I noticed that the timing of hand stroking weren't great so I'm going to improve in this area. I swam slowly and improved to 15 strokes.

I noticed my body strength is weakening. I'll need to recover from the summer heat exhaustion. First I'll need to sleep well. I'll be leaving for Europe in 2 weeks time so I'd like to have my health/body adjusted perfectly.

For the indoor roller, I train whilst watching the morning TV drama (15min), and conduct roughly 3 times a week. It takes 5 minutes to get the pulse up to 120. And the highest is around 130. I do use a/c and fan to keep my body cool, but even though the sweat falls on the floor, so I cover the floor with a sheet.

The roller I'm using is a small one so I'm not taking much space in the living room. But the noise from the tires are too loud and that's the weak point of this product.
 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhfz1PsWWBeuMoKYWhCtp7-HkKmFcdRRgwswSdbpdofXB_bCRmnUTaNoM-eXZ1yZWxS9v1lee-2kZo8vEZH1ynjFKhIoYOWJK4RrwTN-0BkXdei4J4VT6XSki8qhIsSHBlF-2kCTMaVNbzl/s1600/IMG_1813a.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment