Monday, June 27, 2011

June 27: Swim - 50m pool, 4:10-4:50pm

Since I couldn't swim during the weekend, so I swam today instead. Today is Monday so the pool is not so crowded. One of the lane were booked, which meant that I had one less slow lane, so I swam in the mid-speed lane today. The next one to the mid-speed lane is the fast lane and those people beat my speed so easily even though I'm swimming the fastest I could. I'm guessing that they are swimming in a double-speed compared to mine.

When I swim the best I could in the mid-speed lane, after 200m I lose strength in my arms and this goes the same with my legs, not getting enough oxygen from the blood vessels. I'm guessing I'll have to continue practicing in this area.

Afterwards, I moved to the slow lane and swam slowly, but the previous tiredness remained and it was difficult to breathe from 200-300m point. My lack of stamina is a big question!

For the actual race, I'll probably start slow and from the mid-point I can evaluate and adjust the speed.

Total 1.2km, 200m x 6

After arriving at home, I cycled 15 minutes using the roller. I used slightly heavier setting. After 15 minutes, the pulse was 132 and I am drenched with sweat. The room temperature is 28 C degrees and I have a fan in front of me whilst I'm cycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment