Sunday, July 17, 2011

July 17: Cycle - 6.3km hill course, 5:17-5:48

Today I've done 2 laps in the usual hill course nearby. During the day time it goes up to 36C degrees so I've decided to cycle early in the morning since it's much cooler.
The bicycle I'm riding for more than 10 years has not been taken care of at all so I've cleaned the whole thing by taking parts away. Especially the chains were really black but after cleaning it was shining! I have started to think that chains were meant to be black, but it has brought back the old shining light and I was super thrilled.



However, whilst I was cleaning there were a bit adjusting problem, and now during the front gear change, the chain comes off! This time was second trial run after adjusting the gear. Last time the chains only came off once so I didn't take it too seriously, but this time, once after the first lap, and another during the second lap, so I had to get off the bicycle and fix those chains. Fortunately, those chains were shining state so my hands didn't get dirty so much.

The chain comes off towards outside when I shift the gear to outside of front part(?), so I had to stop when I was about to go on fast speed. This gear fixing is going to cost me time but I guess I have no other option.

After running, and whilst switching from swimming to cycling, I've attached my shoes to the bicycle so that I can put them on while I'm cycling. I tried this system, which is used largely in triathlon since it reduces time. I was able to put them on whilst cycling even though the weight of the shoe unbalances the bicycle.

There are 2 belts to fix the shoe to the bicycle which substitutes the shoe laces. One belt would be an advantage, but I've decided to go with 2 belts. I'm taking the shoe and pedal with me since my plan is to attach them to the borrowed bicycle.


Result: 12.6km, 30'32'' (first lap: 15'19'', second lap: 15'09'')
Average speed: 24.8km/h, fastest speed: 60km/h, slowest speed: 0km/h (due to the chains coming off)
Pulse limit (120-147), Inside: 23'41'', Top: 4'59'', Bottom: 1'52''
1st lap: first half - 9'14'' Ave: 130, End: 155, second half: 6'05'', Ave: 140, End: 116
2nd lap: first half - 8'48'' Ave: 139, End: 157, second half: 6'21'', Ave: 144, End 130
  • there's uphill during the first half so the end pulse has max data
  • the downhill after the first lap has low end pulse since i'm taking rest for the coming lap
  • the chains came off during the first half in the first lap, and second half during the second lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment