Sunday, August 14, 2011

Aug 12th: The day before Triathlon

From yesterday I arrived at my friend's place in Brasschaat and started to adjust the bicycle.

I've changed the pedal, cleaned the chain, and gave a trial run to the pool in Antwerp. I've cycled around 20km, but since it's a mountain bike, it's not strong against the wind pressure, and I've only used the top 3 gears but it was pretty comfortable. However, afterwards I swam in the pool and my legs froze so I couldn't use them anymore. Therefore I only swam for 300m.

Today, I am going to put the wet suit on and going to swim in the lake. The course sets to swim 2 laps which is 375m each. It's like a triangular course going around 2 floats.

It's the first west suit I've ever wore and it was pretty thin and tight. Going into the cold water with the wet suit on is actually not bad. But the cold water comes from the back zipper. That's cold and makes me feel chilly. I've tried to exercise in the water so the body temperature won't go down. The cold water gets warmed up by my body, then it's not cold anymore.

I've swam until the float for about 100m, but I can't see anything in the water. I can just about to see my hand and can't see anyone else. You only have to put the face above surface to check, but it's hard not to get tired by doing this. I swam to the float and then I went back. It was so different from what I've imagined, therefore it was very good that I gave a trial swim.

















These are the people who are taking part tomorrow. Nele who's the daughter of Famaey family will also join.

No comments:

Post a Comment